Each day this December, we’re presenting a different cohort of biobanked samples from BBMRI-ERIC member biobanks listed in our Directory.
The BBMRI-ERIC Directory is the largest biobanking catalogue in the world, boasting 100 million samples from over 600 biobanks in Europe – from Greece to Scandinavia and everywhere in between.
How do I access samples using the BBMRI-ERIC Directory and Negotiator?
- Browse the Directory to find what you’re looking for.
- When you’ve found your search results, click on “Request Samples“.
- Log in or register to use the Negotiator, an efficient communication platform for biobankers and researchers requesting samples and/or data. You’ll need your university login – if it’s not listed, simply register using LifeScience Hostel.
- Once you are logged in, you’ll have to return to the Directory and repeat your search.
- Then you may request samples from as many biobanks as you like using the Negotiator. Your query will be sent to each one and you can begin the negotiation process!
Our video below illustrates the process step by step!
All biobanks contributing samples and data must adhere to the BBMRI-ERIC Policy for Access to and Sharing of Biological Samples and Data.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org