This event combines two separate events, a 2-day train-the-trainer workshop and a 1-day course development hackathon. You can choose to attend one or both events, preference will be given to attendees able to attend both events.
Train-the-trainer workshop: 4 & 5 July – maximum 13 participants
Course development hackathon: 6 July
Location: Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy, Amsterdam, Netherlands
The CORBEL workshop will support trainers, educators, training work package leaders and training coordinators by providing them with new ideas and tools to make their training events even better and easier to run and prepare.
The workshop will be led by the needs of participants with many practical exercises; the focus and content will be refined based on the attendees’ input.
● Training design: How to optimally use didactics and method diversity
● „Turn manure into compost“: How difficult training situations can contribute to workshop success
● Moderating discussions and workshops
● Reading the room/gaining feedback
● Ensuring transfer of training into daily practice
● Training work package leaders
● Training coordinators
The workshop on 4 & 5 July will introduce the topics using many practical exercises. During the hackathon on 6 July, you have the opportunity to integrate what you have learnt into your current projects with additional input from your peers.
● Examples of interactive training activities (flash talks)
● Exchange of experience with respect to training budget, best practices, marketing training (depending on interest in the room)
● Protected time to work on your current projects and get advice from colleagues (brainstorming concepts etc.)
● Get to know who is involved in training in the RIs with the aim of creating a network of people interested in training delivery
The train-the-trainer course is restricted to 13 participants, so make sure you register early. We want to allow as many CORBEL RIs as possible to benefit from this course. For this reason, we will be accepting initially one person per RI (application will be screened for suitability/motivation), additional people will go on the waiting list. After the first deadline, we will give out the remaining places to people on the waiting list. Additional spaces are available for the course development hackathon.
First deadline: 13th April
Waiting list notification: 20th April
The venue can be easily reached from Schiphol airport by train. A block booking of hotel rooms has been made at the venue. Attendees will have to pay for their own travel and accommodation.
For questions, please get in touch with either Rebecca or Vera:
Vera Matser, email@example.com
Rebecca Ludwig, firstname.lastname@example.org