The goal of the IARC “50 for 50” initiative is to identify 50 future leaders in cancer research from low- and middle-income countries, one for each year of IARC’s existence, who will be invited to spend a programmed week in Lyon:
- Participate in a specialized pre-conference workshop, Fostering Leadership in Cancer Research, 6–7 June 2016, at IARC.
- Attend, as full delegates, the conference on Global Cancer: Occurrence, Causes, and Avenues to Prevention, 8–10 June 2016, at the Centre de Congrès.
The conference registration fees and costs of participation in the pre-conference workshop will be covered, as well as travel, accommodation, and meals for the whole week.
- network with their peers and world leaders in cancer research
- through the two-day workshop at IARC, review and discuss key attributes of leadership in cancer research
- discuss opportunities and future questions to be addressed in cancer research in their countries
- share best practices and explore solutions to challenges within leadership roles in cancer research.
Find out more here!